6.25.2008

People are good: Flying home

Travelling alone is great, because you need meeting people.
Last time I went home I was sitting near two girls. They were studying art in Pisa.
I asked them about their preferred artists, here is what they teached me:

Jackson Pollock



from Wikipedia
"When I am in my painting, I'm not aware of what I'm doing. It is only after a sort of 'get acquainted' period that I see what I have been about. I have no fear of making changes, destroying the image, etc., because the painting has a life of its own. I try to let it come through. It is only when I lose contact with the painting that the result is a mess. Otherwise there is pure harmony, an easy give and take, and the painting comes out well"

Bill Viola


Sweet Light


Ocean without a Shore

from his website:
"Bill Viola is considered a pioneer in the medium of video art... Viola uses video to explore the phenomena of sense perception as an avenue to self-knowledge... Using the inner language of subjective thoughts and collective memories, his videos communicate to a wide audience, allowing viewers to experience the work directly, and in their own personal way"


Cornelia Parker







from Wikipedia
"I resurrect things that have been killed off... My work is all about the potential of materials - even when it looks like they've lost all possibilities."

No comments: