11.29.2007

Scenario Planning and Advertising



IBM published a study about changes in the advertising business model.
You can find the study here.

I read just the executive summary. What I like about scenarios is that they make you fly. You start thinking about possible connections and possible implications for your own business, career or theories.
In the past, I had the occasion to work in a team designing scenarios for the biggest player in the italian automotive industry - it is very innovative and up to date, unfortunately, in the past just would or could not benefit of its own resources and capabilities... but things are changing).

However, I think scenario planning is always useful (even just as an intellectual exercise, to check their internal architecture), morever - like in this case - its results seem to be extremely important. That's why I strongly sugggest to read IBM pamphlet.
It will make you think.

The end of advertising as we know it

No comments: